Tuesday, September 09, 2008

oak glen

i got a bee in my bonnet on sunday that i wanted apple pie. not just any apple pie but homemade apple pie. and not just any homemade apple pie but organic, picked-by-us-TODAY-apples apple pie. so we went to oak glen. it was gorgeous as always
Photobucket

we also picked raspberries. tedious is an understatement, the boys got bored and we ended up filling all the boxes ourselves while they just stood and munched every single one they found
Photobucket

this was the point where he realized he was done with berry picking :)
Photobucket

but.... we had to get our money's worth!
Photobucket

gala apple picking. they said no eating in the orchard... don't tell the police but we ate three apples and hid the evidence under some leaves :)
Photobucket

for his preschool teacher, Miss Joelle
Photobucket
for Mrs Walker (who calls herself Mrs Runner, he laughs everytime he tells us :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. so sweet. i can't believe you know how to make PIE. what's next? hand-embroidering the dinner linens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I do hope you keep up your blog! I love the photo of Aaron watching Danny pick apples. So much sincerity in Aaron's smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Oak Glen just for pictures but I'm not sure when we will go. Does Sam love Mrs. Walker? Bella loves Mrs. Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shot! I so need your apple pie recipe, sounds delicious and easy. I can totally see you on Oprah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol! Where are you??? Linden and I are headed down south- Oct 1-4th. Will you guys be around??? Let me know!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete