Saturday, October 25, 2008

saturday afternoon

i hope, i hope, i hope Tina Fey is on SNL tonight... goshdarnit to think we, as a nation, might only have 2 more weeks of Sarah makes me both manically depressed and violently happy all at the same time..... but mostly the latter :)

on my thursday walk a huge fire broke out in our neighborhood - an entire block was on fire and the surrounding streets were closed off... never a dull moment on my walks, i tell ya ;) at first i was concerned our house was on fire until i had a wild fantasy about rebuilding my mid century dream home from the ashes with Nake Berkus' help, of course :)

oh man, last night i had such a hypoglycemic headache, we HAD to stumble into Outback Steakhouse to eat. it's official, the blooming onion is the most wretched appetizer EVER. bar none!! and they serve it with a pot of what appears to be spicy orange (gloss/satin?) paint...

then we went to Susie-Cake's where things went uphill fast. i though Susie's red velvet cupcake was the most magical tasting cupcake on earth... until i tasted Susie's pumpkin cream cheese cupcake. oh... my.... gosh.... heaven in a paper cup (at a ridiculous price) speaking of ridiculous the toy store down the road had a not-even-fancy trike that was $270... i think that was what my first car cost...

yesterday i saw some catty comment online about Michelle Obama's poor grades in school. i don't have too many positive things to say about someone who considers complaining a 'moral flaw' ;) but... what the hell do her grades have to do with the price of fish??? about as much as Cindy McCain's addiction to painkillers me thinks....

random pics:

a candid moment captured at home
1ikea

overcoming phobias... in the feminine protection aisle, in broad daylight, with MEN around (the tiny speck behind me... some fears take years to completely overcome)
1tam

look who we bumped into (i couldn't help but notice George's lovely hands) in walmart's silk flower aisle
1bush

as they walked away we found they had set up this heinous display! i could NOT believe my eyes...... but if i had been a fire marshall (off duty or NOT) i would have arrested the both of them for their shenanigans :)
1wal

3 comments:

  1. I just love those photos. I wish I was brave enough to take my camera out when I go shopping..oh and to have half of your fantastic vision in the first place. Just soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, Carol, these are all hysterical! Gotta love your Ikea shots, I hope that is where you were at.

    So was Tina Fey on last night, I couldn't stay up late enough. I can't even tell the difference between her and the real Sarah Palin anymore. I get all confused and wonder is that Tina or the real Sarah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Carol I LOVE your blog. Your writing is as great as your photos, and so funny. Love that candid shot at home, haha. Must be the maid and butler i see in the background :)

    ReplyDelete