Wednesday, October 29, 2008

wednesday is the best day (i keep telling myself)

i hate hanna andersson. her boys clothes just SUCK and that is me being kind. potentially perfect aran sweaters massacred with henley buttons? v neck sweaters with polo shirts underneath, just AWFUL! did i mention stripes in all different widths in garish shades... seriously i know i should be grateful she saves me all kinds of money and guilt... maybe she is Suze Orman's swedish alter ego :)

argh. my EIGHT YEAR OLD says the same effing phrase over and over and over and over and over and over again (how come i am the only person in the world that notices and has to go and control/alt/delete him)

ok i am clearly:
a) a puritan
b) totally self conscious
c) british
d) all of the above
but what the hell has getting-your-tits-out-for-the-lads got to do with breast cancer awareness.......?

i really really need to stop sewing and actually count the 10 feet tall stack of mittens i have made this past week. i need 50 and i am pretty sure i have about 180ish already...

next weekend (post election, i am too weak and thready to do anything this weekend) we are entirely child free...... HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! we are going to palm springs to explore pioneertown and the salton sea (which i always thought was in Utah but it's right here by the land of the dinosaurs, walmart supercenters and barry manilow's house!!) this calls for a roadtrip playlist, trader joes chocolate croissants for the drive and plentiful stops to take landscape portraits with my sugarbear :)

2 comments:

  1. Barry Manilow's house!!!

    Can you get near enough to photograph it?

    Oh how I envy you.

    Eeerie..BM comes up on random playlist on iTunes just as I finish this post. "Another New Years Eve"...well nearly ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham, many times I have asked locals to show me to Barry's house. They tell me it's the really easy to see glass one... I can't see it no matter how hard I look - it's like those pictures of dots that you should be able to see a message in. Oh Another New Years Eve is the song Barry sang when I sat by his piano... it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete