Wednesday, November 19, 2008

wednesday

i don't know what on earth possessed me but i decided to do lawn work this morning. as in cutting the grass, weed whacking and leaf blowing - urgh a total pain in the ass! the weed whacker is somewhat bearable but gawd, i can't stand that evil leaf blower and can't use it to save my life. after hours and i mean HOURS blowing leaves in ever increasing circles trying to get them in one neat pile i stealthily just blew everything in the gutter and gave up.

my next nemesis - my bonesmoker garage door. it won't go down unless every planet is perfectly aligned. i went through my usual checklist for broom handles, stray tennis balls even swept meticulously for leaves and dust particles in the line of the "magic eye".... still the alarming flashing lights and clicking noises it makes to tell me it's not safe to close! finally I had to summon help and my knight in shining armor found a shred of SPIDERWEB on that evil "magic eye" that was keeping the door from going down. that is taking safety to a whole new level when it won't even close on a spiderweb??? arghh!!!

then just as i was hating the world, i glanced outside and saw the STREET SWEEPER swish by in his big truck and scoop up all those pesky lawn clippings and leaves i had swept into the gutter!! (it's Obama! i know for a fact he is magical!)

finally finished my godforsaken tedious christmas card where all the pictures fit together perfectly ;) sure i have spinal curvature and carpel tunnel syndrome but it is done and i now know my 1300pixels times table by heart. looking at the hideous templates for cards at whcc.com makes me realize:
a) i may be american now but i am soooo not and never will be a generican
b) my card isn't that bad
c) for as nice as whcc are, giving out lollipops with orders and all, they have really horrible taste!!!

off to walk. it's a perfect 73 degrees today (much better than yesterday's 90)

walmart... if only that box contained a REAL cape cod house :( think i can sue them???
1cape

barefoot in the park - always. i used my kit lens today - how i miss the days when i just had the kit lens... before dumb f.stops/shutter speeds/ISO woes.
1feet

1 comment:

  1. Cute feet.
    Wow, Carol, I have never in my life mowed a lawn. As a kid, I always wanted to, but my dad wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete