Monday, February 23, 2009

rainy days and mondays

how does someone have an idea for a "witty" license plate frame and it is such a terribly BAD one that they actually go and have to get it custom hammered out at the orange county swap meet/muddy field thing? case in point: "bitch on board and trainee bitches on board". gasp - i couldn't believe my eyes! i thought i just imagined it... but this woman called her daughters future bitches...? another gem from the school drop-off lane: 'save the tatas'. because nothing makes breast cancer more fun and frivolous than calling them tatas.........

clearly not in the same league as the woman in paragraph one... but i feel like such a horribly cruel mother (but not as bad as Kate either - not even close!) for the second time in Sam's life he complained about a sore throat today and i told him it was just a silly cold and to take some cough sweets with him to school. 'no Mom... i really think i should see the doctor...' he begged. um, yeah... the doctor said he has strep throat. i had strep throat once. it was the worst sore throat i EVER had - like i had swallowed razor bladees. last time the boy had strep, we were in Vegas and we dragged him around Siegfrid and Roy's white tiger exhibit, through the dolphin pools and to the Beatles cirque du soleil show that night. urgh... still not as bad as Kate though :) sorry Sam (but i DID buy him a hot fudge icecream to make up for it :)

speaking of hot fudge sundaes, i really wish McDonalds would just fill up the cup with that hot fudge and skip the icecream altogether! that fudge is soooooo good!!

it's official. i miss Colorado :( that is a very sad face. having been back a week, the differences are glaringly awful - i miss people keeping right on the freeway and staying in their lanes... i miss ice cold water from the tap... i miss silent snow flurries and beautiful softbox skies... i miss superwalmart on every corner :( i miss wonderful parks that are filled with playful art pieces, that haven't been spray painted or burnt or stolen. i even miss the Egg and I and we didn't even go in..........

pics from the weekend:
who are these children and why do they look like they actually like one another??
1boys248
1boyss
1wal
ohhhh now i am figuring out why he has been sooo lovely and quiet this weekend - strep!
1sam
this is why i buy Nice and Easy in bulk
1park
1dany
endless fun in Costco - it's a bucket! it's a stroller! i want one!! this week we managed to spend just under $300 on one box of eggs and ziploc bags
1costco
'boy with strep'
1sam
1sam264
brother of boy with strep who i hope doesn't get it too (because this one has my threshold for pain:)
1dan
it always seems to rain on a monday
1rainture 109

4 comments:

  1. Awe, poor Sam. I hope he gets better soon. Your pictures are gorgeous!

    And I agree with the yummy McDonalds hot fudge. They should at least fill the cup halfway with fudge. Now I want a hot fudge sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you really leaving California or are you just dreaming hoping and wishing thru your blog? Just curious. I mean, where you want to move is lovely, so I wouldn't blame you. Your blog STILL makes me giggle everytime I read it...today it was the "this is why I buy Nice n Easy in bulk" comment. AHAHAHAH you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know....I do a dance of joy each time I come here. so happy to be back in contact with you. your photos bring me such joy. I love the scond one of the brothers together, the hugish one. sigh....
    and so many others, but the last one. WOW!

    oh the other day, my little one was asking if she could have a "tuesday". I just about died.....I will forever call a Sunday a "tuesday!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man that picture of Danny made my stomach drop. I'd be so nervous. Love hearing all about your days

    ReplyDelete