Wednesday, October 14, 2009

it has been said before....

but i love Walmart! and i am not ashamed to put my hand on my heart and say it loud and proud!! there are many reasons for this, the obvious stuff like you can buy fabric and bullets and aleve and candy all under one roof... and you never need to keep your receipt to return stuff which i never do... and you never need to worry about having a stain on your shirt or being underdressed... and they'll assemble your bike for free... and they have a mcdonalds... and they sell stripey beach chairs.... and garanimals... and nurses' scrubs... and polkadot shoes... and they stock diapers in the restrooms... there is soooo MUCH to love!

but now a new reason: walmart tonight actually saved my life. last christmas i uploaded all my favorite pictures of 2008 to make into a wonderfully cheeseball book from me/to me for christmas. the walmart bookmaker is by the far the coolest thing EVER, by the way... you don't even need to do anything, it makes the book all by itself and doesn't ask annoying questions... and did i mention the book is like $15?!

anyway, my hard drive crashed a week ago and i lost my pictures from the end of 2008 :| i have been having nightmares over it... recurring dreams of falling from an airplane and trying to grab my pictures of halloween costumes, and apple picking, and obama cookies, and christmas pajamas and pumpkin patches in mid-air (instead of opening my parachute like any sensible person would :) well tonight i remembered 'the book'. aha, i thought, i will scan the pictures and have my pictures again. i checked the walmart website to see what pictures were in the book... and there are all my pictures!! ALL of them, full size and perfect, saved for a rainy day such as today!! (yes it rained!!!) with a helpful little button to press to save them to my computer!!! walmart... i salute you!!! and love you so much!!!

and while i'm on the subject of loving things most people hate..... i love love love love love this video... i don't know how Britney could sing in that voice in the presence of Michael Jackson. my adoration for that man's human kindness grows every single day :)

i made him today....
1Picture 136
1boys
Picture 130

2 comments:

  1. Oh man you just HAVE to love Walmart right? Always so good to read your blog Carol. Always.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously???? my external hard drive crashed last week too. what is up with that????? oh but I'm so glad you got your pics back. FABULOUS!

    however, Walmart is down on my list lately because my store already took out the fabric, and most of the crafts. BASTARDS!

    ReplyDelete