Sunday, August 15, 2010

it was a velvety soft kind of day

listening to
the pet shop boys, they remind me of smash hits, blackpool pleasure beach and saturday superstore (ie home :)

waiting to
go to bed and watch the waitress... we went to the little pie diner from the movie for breakfast today, and i am itching to see the movie again :)

realizing that
i only ate pie today :| and red hot munchies :|

wanting to
become vegetarian forever. i can live off tomato soup and bread and pie and munchies :)

loving
the gentle animals at the gentle barn (the reason for the sudden need to be vegetarian :)

not so much loving
static buzz and Diddy Riese (yes it's over between us - they don't allow pictures inside the store, because, like, icecream sandwiches are such a cutting edge invention... huge eye roll, get over yourself Diddy...)

Los Angeles yesterday - it was dirty, frantic, cash only, hard to park and smelled of pee (i don't really love big cities)
carpark
at Joe's pie diner this morning (where the waitresses are incredibly sweet, just like in the movie :)
half
little boys' tea parties are held in tree houses with sock monkeys, stories about sneetches and bones for the dogs :)
monkeys
teaparty
romeo
blacj
gentle eyes at the gentle barn
sammy2
shhh... piggies sleeping :)
sammy5840
emu2
piggie
boys
samIMG_5696
all the animals had tragic stories about how they ended up at the gentle barn - i stopped reading after the third one (to avoid a public emotional breakdown)
sheep
this is Prince Charming, his story was the last one i read :( i got to groom him and he was a true prince :)
prince
charm
pigs

2 comments:

  1. I looked up the gentle barn's website after reading this. I have visited it 4 times today and I now really really want my very own gentle barn. I think I shall put a Wanted ad in the paper for an abused sheep and start there.
    Oh, what a wonderful, lovely place, wish i lived close by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sneakily reading your blog for some time and I really like your way of writing. It gives such a distinct and different look on "The O.C." ;)

    I'm in love with your sock monkeys. Is there any tutorial out there? How did you learn to do them? Is it very difficult? I only have very basic sewing skills but I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete