Wednesday, October 05, 2011

thank you for the music... xoxo

  • and for giving me the ability to check my email 555 times a day :)
  • for freeing my friends from having to live exclusively inside the computer :)
  • for putting amazon in my pocket so i can price-check everything with my fancy scanner ;)
  • and for yelp (how did we ever find wonderful new places to eat without it?!)
  • for maps that tell you "you are here!" and how many miles/minutes it is to Graceland no matter where in the world you are (walking or by car :)
  • for always having a camera with me when something wonderful happens by surprise
  • for the video camera too at school award ceremonies :)
  • for shazam and tune wiki
  • for access to an encyclopedia, no matter what my kids want to know
  • and for giving me the answer to all my lame celebrity questions at 3am :)
  • for always having the correct time (even when the clocks change and i can't remember if it's fall forward or spring forward...)
  • for the weather report (in all my favorite cities :)
  • for the calculator
  • for tetris in very boring waiting rooms
  • and for helping my littlest son learn to write his number and letters neatly
  • and for those angry birds he loves so dearly
  • for fascinating and inspiring Sam (he's a fan.. a trip to the Apple store is the ONLY way i get him to come with me to the mall:)
  • for iTunes - 5460 songs in perfect alphabetic order
  • for iPods in beautiful white boxes with heartfelt words inscribed on the back and free apple stickers for the kids' pencil boxes
  • for 7 years of wonderful music in my ears and at my fingertips - life post-walkman was so very quiet - the iPod brought music back into my everyday :) and the iPhone, so much more besides :)
thank you Steve Jobs: creator of my beloved red iPod and my cherished white iPhone*... what are we going to do without your amazing inventions....?

"The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device* he invented." — President Obama

2 comments:

  1. perfectly perfect. love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in Peace Mr Jobs. Can't imagine what his family must be going through.

    ReplyDelete