Saturday, January 03, 2009

happy new year!!!

now that's out of the way i can whine about how stressful it actually was.

first things first: i cannot possibly stay up til midnight EVER... so we celebrate EST style, with new york city. i clearly HAD to shower - even though it was 8:57pm. i started to hear that grating Kathy Griffin on TV with the vivacious Bill Clinton so i was rushing like crazy - shampoo in eyes, dragging a brush through my soaking wet hair (i know, i know) and reached for my essential scoop of JoMalone body cream, without which, i cannot possibly sleep....

oh my god!!! HOW I HATE THAT JAR!!!!!!!!!!!! body cream in a glass jar that is round and slippery should be ILLEGAL!! i couldnt get the lid back on... the clock was ticking down...10, 9, 8 - i was shaking so bad like i was trying to dismantle a nuclear weapon... the glass jar was slipping because of my lotiony hands and i could NOT get it back on and i couldn't leave it, i can't leave things undone!!!

finally with 1 second spare i did it, leapt across the room and rolled into bed like they do in movies as half the set blows up, just in time for the stroke of midnight when Bill would magically kiss Hillary live on TV...... and just as they were about to...... the camera cut away!!! to some random strangers faking a passionate kiss to get on TV!! no Bill and Hillary engaged in a 10 second hug... it was such a huge letdown... i KNEW at that point the new year was officially doomed :)

but not really ;) this year has already given me a fantastic new show and the reason the blog went 4 days without an update: Split Ends - at least i think that is it's name. i don't know what channel but it's like wife swap for hairdressers. totally addictive, i am sure i have already sadly exhausted every episode ever recorded - it's bitchy and catty and gay and fabulous and awesome! essential viewing :)

but if i ever felt sorry for anyone on reality tv... it's John from John and Kate plus 8. and i don't even really like him but oh man... he needs someone to throw him a lifeline!! Dr Phil, save John from Kate's evil clutches! she is such a piece of work, but sadly her angst is so familiar... (and i now ask myself a thousand times a day: am i like her? am i like her now?? gasp, how about now?? umm, now? please tell me the truth... am i like her? i care about crumbs but not in Kate from John and Kate plus 8 way... right???)

next on the agenda for 2009: write nasty letter to the makers of shrinky dinks about their asshole instructions.... fancy not telling me to uncurl the damned shrinky dinks before they turn rock hard and subsequently smash into smithereens. there's nothing like a craft-time nervous breakdown to make me feel like a great mom... thanks shrinky dinks!! you guys suck!!! oh GAWD.... i AM her. arghh.

hey tomorrow we are going to CHURCH! uhuh! however i have nothing remotely 'churchesque' to wear, but a flippy summery skirt (in 40 degree weather) and ruby red slippers (too extravagant for church?) and a chunky cardigan... must buy church-goin' clothes :)

i have a bazillion pics but here are some from LAST year:
our library - i took latin in school ya know so clearly my children must do the same ;)
1cat
my picture nook... some crazy mom actually tried to come in - ha, God bless her for trying!
1samlibPicture 489
week one of the kid & i book for 20091weekone
this would be my church going chunky sweater:)
111danny
1tr

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    oh my goodness..i want to be Kate!!!
    i want my house to be organized and inhumanly clean. but i live with slobs and i am too tired. so it will never be.

    that nook rocks!!! love it, can i come visit?
    my kids want a trampoline so bad and dad says no way :( love those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! ooh! a trampoline? where'd ya get it? can we come over and bounce???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband despises Kate. That said I like her because she makes me look like a very good wife!
    (although I aspire to be nothing like her)
    I'm a Jo Malone fan too. It's the mix & match that gets me. Red roses & nutmeg & ginger my favorite this time of year.
    Jo Malone lotion now that I'll have to try.

    Your blog is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been kind of quiet in "blog world" and I'm not quite sure if that's allowed here.
    Hope you're well!

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you go to church?

    I love all of these pictures.The trampoline is great, and I love the one of you and Sam. And that library is to die for, especially when there is nobody else in there.

    ReplyDelete