Thursday, December 30, 2010

blurb and eyelash curlers and coupons

today i got a very bossy email saying if i don't order my blurb book within 24 hours it will be deleted! gasp!! i leapt out of bed to go back to poring over every border to make sure they are all perfectly straight and full bleed (mistakes in photo books printed on premium paper = very very very bad) and to gently nudge every arm/chin away from the cut-off edge around each page. oh gosh - 24 hours? really? why, blurb???!!! it's not fair - i only finished it yesterday :(

i really wish my camera came in bright red like this one... or better still bright yellow! but with the option to still be black... hmm, maybe a little cozy rubber jacket would do the trick, i should invent one

i just went to target to buy eyelash curlers and found these for ONE DOLLAR! i was happy to pay up to $16 but one dollar???! such things put a spring in my step for the rest of the day

however watching extreme couponing last night made me extremely sick. and only slightly with jealousy, because i can never get anything worth having for free (though a dollar for the eyelash curlers!!? they were practically free!! and i went for eyelash curlers! it's not like i bought something i don't drastically need!) those people were buying 200 boxes of pasta :| and not even to give to starving malnourished people - oh noooo, to keep in their garages. i thought i was nuts because i had 8 boxes of pumpkin bread for emergencies (whatever's in pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting with half the sugar, i am clearly deficient in it, because i can't stop eating it :)

what about bugs!! those moth things that fly out of pasta scare me to death and force me to immediately burn all of our food and order takeout... don't those people worry about bugs? and eggs of bugs?! or see imaginary mold on food that wasn't bought that week? because i do!! and the soap - i don't care if i can get 100 bottles of 'tropical mango' or 'spiced apple' hand soap for free, i don't want to use it!!! if my hands don't have that squeaky clean neutrogena smell, life just isn't worth living :|

with that i have a hankering to make oatmeal with nutella and watch some more Dr Drew. i wish the subtitles for Celebrity Rehab were always placed over the face of the 'celebrity' and not over Dr Drew - if i was doing the closed captioning, they would never ever ever cover Dr Drew's face :)

it was this cold yesterday (we switched to flannel sheets... that's seriously cold:)
1snowday
1hands
but he is just like a little warm ray of sunshine
1dan7590
and so is he :)
1sam irvine

4 comments:

  1. I agree -- even if they only gave HALF to those in need they would still have more than enough to feed their own families!! One lady said she could stop shopping and still eat for a year... and she's not stopping!! That part makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? No picture of Dr. Drew followed that paragraph? I STILL have no idea what he looks like. I have only heard him on his radio show ... you know ... the late night sex questions radio show. He's SO frikkin' smart. He sounds like a sexy nerd. Would I have an even bigger crush on him if I SAW him? lol
    How cool that you have SNOW!!!! I looooooooove driving through snow! Six years ago me and my then hubby and our one child and my previous three children (from previous marriage) went to Yosemite and HUGE SNOWFLAKES started falling on our last day there!!! The landscape was SO FRIKKIN' BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I wanted to EAT every bit of that snow. Well ... I ate as much as I could. ha. True.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes. And an EYELASH CURLER FOR A DOLLAR???? Whoa.

    That is a serious success story right there.

    You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:10 AM

    three weeks ago i have big problem which is usual of many of us ! what should do and how to go on living, I cant understand ((I stopped smiling at ALL!!!! :( yes!!,i have bad teeth because of heredity ... why me? Teeth is the first thing you see when meet anybody,or doing smth like that, I found a solution in putting lumineers ! and i need to say it has 100%result!!,also i think i promise you!

    ReplyDelete