Wednesday, March 07, 2012

cool apps, all caps and homesick saps

loving
the scales - soon there will be a vivacious, muscular five at the end of my weight instead of that pesky, round (but at the time coveted) zero.  right now it's a six, but if i have to cut off all my hair, exfoliate like a mofo, rip off my fingernails and toenails and file even more dry skin from my feet and elbows (oh yes, i use every trick in the book - even the ones that draw blood;) i will certainly stop at nothing to lose a pound overnight

hating
typing in all capitals (scans post to make sure i'm not guilty of said crime:) it's just SO annoying and i am not sure WHY exactly;)


waiting
for a delicious batch of Scandinavian crispbread to arrive from amazon.com.  truth be told, they taste like IKEA furniture but they are 12 calories and 5 grams of fiber each!  i bet IKEA furniture doesn't have that much fiber in it ;

counting
down the hours to the opening of the 99 cent store by my house!  tomorrow is going to be a changing day in my life - kind of, i am not going till Friday when all the high-pain-threshold people have swooped up all the 99c TVs :)

somewhat dreading
tomorrow also - it's five years since my Dad died.  homesick, family-missing sigh :( 

feeling
somewhat like a good/bad Mum this morning for buying Danny the Lorax app. it's a self reading book - you don't even need to be engaged/conscious/in the room.  i mean that whole "read to your kid 20 minutes a day" and you don't need to be there?  now that's awesome (gawd how i envy modern parents... in MY day we had to read books to our children.... i am sure there will be some emotional fallout to the self-reading book, which is why i set it to 'read it myself' ;)

sighing
a huge sigh of relief that the people in the vegan bakery were not abducted/murdered as i feared they had been. good job i didn't report it to the police - it turns out i had been walking by the bakery five minutes earlier last week, before they officially opened for the day - hence all the cakes and sandwiches on display, but no staff.  phew!! i was secretly worried i would be robbed of my prize peanut butter torte.... look at this handsome beast!













wearing
Jo Malone sweet lime and cedar and nutmeg and ginger.  i feel like Martha Stewart's set, only not as tense and terrifying.  it's a good thing ;)

wishing
i could be bothered to take pictures anymore.  sorry Tarnya, but i simply cannot be arsed with it... everytime i take my SLR anywhere, i end up slipping it into the glove box of the car (don't tell thieves) and using my iPhone instead.  they say your entire body reinvents itself every seven years - and it's been exactly seven years since i got my SLR - i think i'm officially over it. Steve Jobs strikes again with his amazing life-changing inventions:)

3 comments:

  1. Hugs to you.

    I love that app, don't tell T's teacher. I don't enjoy reading to my kids. I'm over it.

    I finally picked up my SLR after getting the iphone last month. Now my iphone is in a bag of rice after I dropped it in the toilet. heartbroken doesn't cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa11:07 AM

    Have you made it to the 99cent store?!!!

    That pastry looks yummy.

    Hugs Carol... I hope you made it through yesterday okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. say it isn't soooooooooooooooooooooooo....about your SLR. You can't be over it. I'm not over it....I need you to not be over it. okay...sigh....I'm over it.

    and I just posted a blog post where I type with all caps a few times, and now I'm sure you hate me. :(

    ReplyDelete