Friday, November 30, 2012

eating
pumpkin bread for breakfast.  whoever Trader Joe is, i do so like him (though i kind of suspect his wife assembles the mixes ;)

sitting
at my new 'fancy'-ish desk!  it's lovely and a little bit shabby and a little bit chic but much much nicer than those horribly scratchy Shabby Chic sheets that gave me hives for an entire week...

loving
my sweet hubbie who fixed the dryer and then did all the laundry and tidied the awful frightening linen closet, that i averted my eyes from everytime i passed it ;) 

loving
finding new towns and new stores and new favorite places everyday - this is like the ultimate never-ending roadtrip (in the part of the country where everything turns to technicolor and i absolutely can't put my camera down) but the best part: the kids are IN SCHOOL ALL DAY so i can take the shady road that looks more interesting and stop at mysterious sounding stores like Eblens and Benny's and tractor stores (ehh, i prefer Target :) without any eye rolling or needing to rush so they don't get huffy.  yup.  heaven on earth. 
 
wanting
to stop by that Company Store this morn, the one with a big rusty sign that says it sells nails but it just sells adorable trinkets instead.  i saw a bracelet in there (the lady at the YMCA front desk has like 2000 of them) and it's going in my Christmas stocking (which is being supersized to a pillowcase this year)

meeting
my sweetie darling for lunch - with her sweetie darling - and my sweet darling.  i hope i can wear my new bracelet that is supposed to be a Christmas gift but we all know how that goes ;)

needing
to paint my nails - Wicked, naturally.  Angela, did you get it?  do you love it?  isn't Wicked standard issue for all Massachusetts ladies?  I wonder why did they pair it with that wishy washy demure ballet slippers... such an odd combination.  anyway i can't possibly go to NYC with plain nails - i think it's probably illegal...


off to take Sam to school (Friday treat: chauffeuse service :)  and hit up the Dollar Tree on the way home, yes they have dollar stores in paradise........
 



4 comments:

  1. i'm so excited about lunch! i love the company store. if you can wait, we should go together. or maybe i could meet you there before lunch???

    i have not got it yet. i put it on my stocking list for lisa. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's meet there!! it's payday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmmmmmm i hate you for giving me this pumpkin bread. i took a fork to it and had to stop myself before i ate way more than acceptable for one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you like it?????!!!! hurray!!! well it's technically just bread... it's not like it's cake or anything bad :)

    ReplyDelete