Thursday, May 30, 2013

thursday things

drinking
extra strong coffee in my favorite patriotic mug (because i'm American this morning;)

refusing
to walk to school today for walk-to-school day.  no sireebub, it's not going to happen ;)  the English person in me refuses to conform ;)

wishing
that song 22 would get the hell out of my head (i'm not really complainin' because I luuurve Taylor Swift, i'm just wishing for a new song because this one's been on a never-ending eternal loop forever...)

wondering
how old is Taylor Swift anyway?  23...??!

neeeeeeeeeeding
a perfect beachy Cape day this weekend at the beautiful, heavenly, radiant, calming National Seashore... no waves whatsoever, gently toasted faces, driving home in slightly damp clothes with buckets full of perfect white shells and pretty beach treasures, a quick essential stop at Atlantic Spice Company for aromatherapeutic reasons, fish and chips and onion rings and icecream at Kream N Kone... I love this Summer already and it didn't even officially start yet :)

looking
for a perfect not-too-short-not-too-long, age appropriate, dark-but-not-too-dark, swishy, swirly, flattering sundress.  which doesn't exist - duhhhhhh :(

always looking
for the perfect pair of mary janes.  i have 175 pairs and it's still not enough

hoping
my resignation letter actually works this time.  urgh, i'm a sucker for a sob story and I can't say no to anyone ever :(  i keep trying to say no, but no one listens to me! 

stressing
over the above.  it's not negotiable - i have to be home: i have children who need me and places I've never been (like Vermont!!  and Quebec!!! and even though I've been there already, Georgia some more!!!! and South Carolina!!!  and Alabama!!! and more Tennessee - much more of Tennessee!!)  and i haven't baked my magical mint brownies in weeks..... and i miss the big cozy reading part of my couch soooo much.  and Dr Phil.  and loving Sundays instead of hating them.  blah.  N.O..... i said NOOOOOOO!!!!  i can't!

thinking
she's going to not let me quit.  seriously, my feet are sooo blistered and i'm sooooo tired every night, i have to go to bed and not even watch Dr Phil.  it's that bad... (note to self: take iron supplements)

loving
the nice hair stylist who talked me off a ledge on Tuesday and convinced me to not cut my hair.  it feels so flippy and long since she trimmed it (how is that possible???!!) and i even have a bloody hair dryer and a flat iron now (i flat ironed Sam's hair today!  and if the dogs had long hair, i'd soooo flat iron them too!  i love that thing - it's like an iron!  for hair!!!  hmmm i wonder if i can iron clothes with it.... or press flowers.... this is why every small appliance we have gets destroyed ;)

back later with pics xooxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment