Friday, January 09, 2009

it's a beautiful day!

because someone - and whoever that person is, i thank you - has finally put their finger on why dr phil has been going rapidly down the pipes since this season started. it is, without doubt, the lamentable theme song... i hate that song, it's whiney and pathetic and i don't care to listen to christian rock, not even by proxy. yesterday someone had answered my prayers.... the lame whiney song commenced to playing as always... i rolled my eyes as always and searched frantically for the >> button but something was different... gasp, the old interjections of dr phil-isms were back!! "this is going to be a changing day in your life!"...."i want you to get excited about your life!" and then....."let's do it!!" yay!!! he's baaa-ack!

can there be ANYTHING WORSE than accidentally downloading the live version of a song? yes! the song being by U2. now don't get me wrong, i love U2 as much as the next man(more in fact, my very first CD was the unforgettable fire).... but live songs by U2 cause me more agony than paper cuts/bent back fingernails/looking at torn earlobes combined. be gone with you, live version of 11 o'clock tick tock! to the little trash can where you belong!! though the song (the cheering second i heard of it) was apparently recorded in Boston, yet another sign that we must move to the Cape....

ok, i swear i find NO PLEASURE in the catty comments on this link but i just have to share... it's too funny :) ok, and this one.... for the my little pony comment alone :) gosh, i cannot stop myself - this one is VERY VERY VERY VERY mean and i strongly strongly disapprove... but just look at number 15, how on earth does SJP run in those shoes...? ok, back in the knife drawer (for now:)

i have been thinking all day. this year is the year of celebrations at disneyland and everyone gets into disneyland on their birthday for free. but you don't get to take your entire family in too for free, i guess that would be too much to ask? and who wants to go to disneyland alone on their BIRTHDAY??? and who wants to spend $200 on something that is supposed to be free? i can't stop thinking and wondering and pondering and recorrecting and analyzing the data. is it worth it for a 'free' day out? i don't even really like disneyland... but free is good, right? it's all very confusing...

my latest dream project: i want to open a little pancake diner in cape cod. you'll be able to make your own waffles (all you can eat!)in various adorable shapes and there will be a buffet table of fruits, syrups and delicious toppings so you can make your breakfast into an ornate sundae. it will be called tiffany's. not because i like that name but because who doesn't want to have breakfast at tiffany's.... so many dreams, so little time. just watch, that jerry seinfeld wife woman person thingie will do it, she steals all my dreams (though i have NEVER dreamt of jerry seinfeld... he drops doors on innocent 4 year olds, i know this for a fact)

our afterschool date
1
1usPicture 025
camping in the den with Danny and dinosaurs
1weektwo
puppy love
1sambw
1dog
jumping jacks and scottie dogs in costco!
1jump
the pictures that only get a one star rating
1Picture 998
1kids
i found this note on friday morning - gulp. he wasn't kidding...
1church
he's like the wind (my favorite song EVER by Patrick Swayze)
1danny

3 comments:

  1. For some reason this post has not been showing up in my blogs that I am following updates. I don't know how I have missed it.

    I absolutely love the first picture of Sam and I hope you had fun camping in the den woth Danny and the dinosaurs.

    The links are funny. The Paris Hilton comment is hilarious!!!

    And Breakfast at Tiffany's, you really are brilliant Carol. I would love to eat there,
    especially if I get to have a sunday for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I understand why I haven't seen this. Looks like you probably started it Friday, but didn't publish it until today. You don't have to publish comment, just clarifying from my last comment about not seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are such a pleasure to look at :)

    ReplyDelete