Wednesday, April 22, 2009

help me!!

i'm stuck in a red box vicious circle and i cannot get out! my kids LOVE the red box (i sure wish it was more of a big red box than a vending machine - think of the fun picture ops and free advertising they're missing out on). they can use the machine themselves with their big sticky paws and we cannot - simply CANNOT - return a DVD without renting another one : and i am me - i cannot keep anything and get 'fined' $1 for keeping it an extra night so we return a DVD every single day. red box people - you are tricky (but seriously big red boxes would be so much cuter :)

my mission for the day (i have no option but to accept it) is to find dollar coins for Sam. he is the king of wild goose chases and seeing me scramble (i always scramble, i love him to pieces). a while ago it was to find a miniature South West jet. before that a very rare out of print book on JFK (that i found for a dollar and he is actually reading it all by himself!!) today dollar coins : i have walked to Albertsons, the post office, CVS, Sprouts so far this morning : no dollar coins. next round is McDonalds, Big Lots (eww i know) and another post office - this one with stamp vending machine that everyone assures me will yield more dollar coins in my change than i'll know what to do with. you watch... it will give quarters : and if i wanted quarters for laundry purposes, it would give dimes. that's my life in a nutshell. but i'm not complaining (she lied)

back later with pictures and more gripping details about the dollar coin search.....

2 comments:

  1. you have to go to the bank, any bank, that is where we get ours. oh and the tooth fairy and easter bunny and santa claus brings them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two presidential gold coins that I think are begging to go to a nice sunny home in California to a lovely boy that will take good care of them. :) I will pack them in the box that I have still failed to make it to the post office with :)

    ReplyDelete