Monday, August 03, 2009

ups and downs

the ups
snuggling in bed with cats and dogs and children (and so-bad-it's-good tv)
1Picture 034
gorgeous boys sitting on wooden docks
1samPicture 506
bike rides together with a basket full of sweet apples
1busPicture 417
shopping at target followed by lunch at in-n-out
1Picture 005

the downs...
my last picture of two sleepy friends snuggling together...
1ratsPicture 251
my last pictures of their beautiful friendship...
1Picture 182
my last picture of Ben. who died today... we will miss you so much, sweet little Ben :(
1ratPicture 329

9 comments:

  1. Awe, poor Ben... I'm so sorry to hear. Hope you are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no. :( My heart hurts for you and your boys. :( I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol, I'm so sorry to hear that Ben passed away, I could see in your photos how much he meant to you all, it brought a lump to my throat :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no : (

    poor you...
    as for Ben, i'm pretty certain he's had the sweetest little life that any rat had had ever ever and probably left the world feeling soooo loved.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no!! Whats happened to Ben? :( That makes me sad, I remember when our kids had to go thru losing some of their rats...Im sorry Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Ben. sending you all lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, i am so sorry :( that breaks my heart.
    how are the boys holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. two cats, two dogs, two kids, two rats... are you and aaron building an ark somewhere? ;-)

    hi carol!

    (ps - sorry to hear about Ben)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about Ben :(

    ReplyDelete