Sunday, November 15, 2009

holy crap!

i think... i really think i am in love with my (i)phone. and there's only one thing i previously hated as much as the phone.

my phone tells me what the temperature is outside before i even consider stepping out of bed. it also tells me what the temperature is in manchester, new york, cape cod, santa barbara and palm springs :)

my phone tells me the best places to eat no matter where i am and the phone number and a button to call them. and directions to the place. and reviews of what's best to order when i get there :)

it tells me when people are online and i can even 'talk' to them without ever 'talking' to them

and if anything really interesting is happening on facebook outside of drinking coffee and people being 'really busy' :)

my phone tells me how much the canon 135mm f2.0 is on any given day in case i happen to find a thousand dollars lying around

it's pointless stuff like a compass too

and a dictionary. and gps

but it's a camera!

and a video camera too!

and photoshop!

and a voice recorder to leave myself shopping lists like fish and eggs, so i don't end up with fish eggs (happens all the time)

pandora - which is total crap if you fast forward through every single song, even the good ones. but it's better than b.i.n.g.o. i guess ;)

it's connect four! and matching zoo for Danny!! and flick fishing for Sam!!! and word searches for me!!!

and a thing so when you're watching melrose place and you're a little bit bored with the lame storylines you can ask it what song is playing :)

and my latest love: tune wiki :)

so, as i sit here, i have ALL THE WORDS to 'it's the end of the world as we know it' by rem - and it's scrolling through them like crazy and keeping up :) i always thought it was 'turn them into flies' but it's 'tournament of lies'.... oh huh!

i just gave it an extremely hard test and asked it if it knew the words to 'the safety dance' by men without hats :| and it does. it's better than having a robot!!!!!!!!

yes i love my iphone. it's official :)

1 comment: